Definition "Straight Egyptian"
The Pyramid Society's definition of a "straight" Egyptian Arabianhorse is a horse which:
- is registered or is eligible by pedigree for registration by the WAHO; and
- traces in every line of its pedigree to horses born in Arabia Deserta; and
- traces in every line of its pedigree to a horse which falls within the following category of horses:
- a horse owned or bred by Abbas Pasha I or Ali Pasha Sherif;
- a horse which has used to create and maintain the RAS / EAO breeding programs and which is a numbered horse found in the RAS / EAO stud books beginning on page 45 of Volume I, with the exclusion of the horses Registan and Sharkasi, it being felt that Registan's pedigree and Sharkasi's pedigree contain elements that are not consistent with the kind of blood which the Pyramid Society is attempting to perpetuate;
- a horse which was a lineal ancestor of a horse described in (a) or (b) above; and
- a horse, other than a horse having Registan or Sharkasi as a lineal ancestor, which was conceived and born in a private stud program in Egypt and which was imported directly from Egypt and registered prior to the extension of the EAO's supervision to private Egyptian stud programs as reflected in Volume 4 of the EAO- stud book.
It should be noted that among the "root stallions" and "root mares" listed in Volume I of the RAS Stud Book some of the horses imported to Egypt were not used to create and maintain the RAS / EAO breeding programs for they have no recorded descendants in the RAS / EAO Stud Books.
With reference to the exclusion of the horse Registan, it should be noted that he carries in line to the Polish-bred Skowronek. The contribution which Skowronek made to the Arabian horses is legendary. However, it is felt his pedigree contains elements that are not consistent with the kind of horses which the Pyramid Society Europe e.V. is attempting to perpetuate.
Although the stallion Sharkasi appears in the EAO Stud Book through his descendants, the matter of his parentage has not been established to every one's satisfaction; therefore he is not acknowledged as "Straight Egyptian" by the Pyramid Society Europe e.V.